Destination Management Company or DMC is basically a professional team of event planning experts ready to deliver your event as a complete package, precisely following your objectives and budgeting guidelines.
What to expect from a DMC?
- High expertise and instantaneous responsiveness related to all probable event logistics and planning issues
- Local knowledge and a vast network of contacts in your event destination
- Creativity and destination specific experiences specifically tailored to your needs
- One-stop solution and one point of contact for you versus and endless list of suppliers to deal with
- Ability to offer you great deals due to their negotiation power with industry partners
- Access and experience with the new, exclusive and unique venues and restaurants.
Why do YOU need a DMC?
A DMC takes off all the pressure and complex logistics nightmares while it represents YOU, your goals and objectives to the vendors in the area where you are holding your program. You benefit from the DMC’s knowledge of local products, service quality and reliability and of course from its local credibility and negotiation power.The idea is that a DMC can leverage its relationships and purchasing power to provide the highest quality of service in a most cost-effective manner.
Most of the DMCs will offer design for your event:
- Analyse and evaluate appropriate venues/activities suited to match the demographics and size of the group, as well s evaluate “return on investment” (ROI) when appropriate and applicable;
- Weave corporate messages/themes into program elements; evaluate and implement corporate branding opportunities;
- Select and recommend catering and hospitality options;
- Implement activities consistent with meeting goals (i.e. teambuilding, ice breaking, social opportunities, relaxing, and reward opportunities);
- Evaluate and select entertainment options appropriate for group and client objectives; manage entertainment contracts and rider requirements;
- Showcase unique elements of meeting destination; create exclusive opportunities unavailable to general public and unknown by client;
- Protect client confidentialities; investigate possible corporate conflicts, competitor meetings, and security level.
- Plan and proactively manage arrival/departure schedule and changes, including last-minute cancellations;
- Coordinate and manage ground transportation to ensure efficient and accurate routes, eliminating investigate potential delays.
- Conduct due diligence on all vendor options to insure appropriate business licensing, insurance requirements, safety certificates, dress code and training procedures of personnel;
- Negotiate costs and components of vendors services; manage the timing and delivery of all services;
- Manage financial requirements of vendor to ensure delivery of products/services including advanced deposits and final payment of invoices;
- Audit all vendor invoices to ensure accuracy and completeness.